Saturday 1 September 2007

O(+>

Me, jobber and moz went to see Prince down in London. I mean in concert, we didnt actually get to chat to him

we got the refugee bus down. It cost a whopping £2 return each

I went retro with my choice of reading material

we were staying at Gilkes' place so had to get the tube and meet him

he lives near Kennington station

his flat was like some sort of MI5 safehouse. It was just a grey door with painted windows

his view wasn't bad

and his place had all the stuff you need- sky, ps2 and a Congolese woman cooking rice downstairs in his kitchen...


its a yuppie paradise

we eventually darted off to his local for some pints and banter

moz was wearing his butch t-shirt- the sleeves ride up and make him look camp(er)
I dont suffer from that problem though

the pub had nice decorative plates

and jobber managed to get the pub dog to tear over. He seems to have an understanding with dogs- dc's missus kim has a dog that sports a raging hard-on on the sight of jobbers delightful face

a couple of pints in and Lolly rang Gilkes to see what the plans were for the evening. She was going to a friends leaving do but suggested we joined them all in Old Street

this guy was the money launderer for the great train robbers. He looked fucked


by 7 we headed over to Greenwich
dangerous

the bird in yellow had odd hair so I took a covert snap. Maybe she is a fashion maverick like me?

Gilkes didn't have a ticket so he was gonna lone wolf it round the arena
its a top venue

dreamy
moz bought THE tightest/campest shirt in the world. That was a large as well. We decided that it must have been for women, but then remembered that O(+> probably made everything gender non-specific
no cameras allowed, but I play by my own rules
he was amazing
the Twinz minced around him

and he appeared to be wearing a ladies white power suit and a good set of heels

the purple one teased the crowd with bits of songs- including Controversy which is one of my favourites
then he disappeared in some smoke and came out to Purple Rain as his encore
he did about 4 more encores
Gilkes in the meantime had grown weary and went to the cinema instead

we decided against g0ing to the aftershow- we reckoned he played the night before and so wouldn't tonite (he did)
I couldnt get hold of Gilkes or Lolly so made a snap decision and headed to Old Street where her do was being held
Gilkes met us there, but Moz and Jobber had booze fatigue and were tired. We heard nothing more from Lolly so headed for some Covent Garden carnage
we only got as far as Kings Cross though cos the tube couldnt be happy for us and finished for the night

for some reason there were bubbles in the air. Lolly got in touch and said she was too fucking tired and wasnt coming out. She is on her second strike

hometime
good photography
when we got back me and gilkes watched football whilst the other two planned to get an early train home in order to catch the Man Utd vs Man City match. They were told it was £60 for both
I wanted more sleep and so stuck with the £1 journey back on the Mega Bus
I had a good paper and some wasabi peas to keep me company. And I had a spare seat to dump my shit on

turns out I got stuck in traffic and was on the bus for about 6 hours. The only thing that made me feel better was that moz and jobber ended up paying about £60 each for their early dart home...

No comments: