Monday 13 August 2007

Blackpool Pleasure Carnage (Heavy Weekend:1/4)


Me and S decided to go to Blackpool for the day, with us both being men of leisure n all

I had my lunch on the go like some sort of indigestion maverick

It was a smashing day for it

it seemed that petrol is popular on days like these

S was in charge of the camera on the way. As you can see, his capture of the Blackpool Tower was pretty dreadful

we headed straight for the Pleasure Beach



me and S both realised that we wear the most overdressed people there- we looked more like we were out on the razz than to have fun on rides

this ride was good, but awfully short. Infusion is its name

we went on most rides, Big One included (Valhalla was shut though)


'Pleasure'

Blackpool was riddled with overweight jocks and scousers

this ride was a disgrace. Its more like the retarded cousin of the Black Hole at Alton Towers
the queue was bigger than that of the Big One, and we surrounded by shoddy 80's space get up

I refused to go on the Steeplechase though, much to S's amusement. I think being hurtled around on a plastic horse with nothing but a thin seatbelt is asking for trouble

however this trip was a learning experience for me. I learnt that S hated the laughing clown and rock...
but loves fresh donuts...
so much so that he was starting to threaten me with violence unless we went for some. We were served by a nice slavic guy with the name of Viktor
after the donuts we decided to go on a ride that looks like a handheld food processor. It was a huge mistake
luckily the nausea wasnt too bad, so we embarked on a walk along the prom, stopping in a shop that would see Tolstoys legs buckle on scoping what they sell


basically lots of psycho weaponry. Maybe its to cater for the jocks?
why not buy a complete Samarai Warrior outfit on your holiday? I like the white moustache they added for historic accuracy...
we got some food from Mac D's and S pointed out somewhere for moz. I got some aniseed rock and promptly fell in love with eastern european serving me. S couldnt be happy for me and bought fudge off her. She was a real dreamboat
I'm tempted to turn this picture into a postcard

Its a delightful place really. Sun Sea Sand

some arcade carnage was had
S enjoyed himself on Afterburner, and then I tanked him on the dancemat before we headed back for a night on the razz
S pointed out that Mahoney from Police Academy had started up his own electical business in Blackpool
luckily his camerawork stayed constant. I asked him to photograph the Windmill but he couldn't be happy for me
we listened to Japanese ballads, Spinvis and Matthew Marsden's seminal work on the way back


End of part one. More to follow...

No comments: