Monday 25 June 2007

Russian? Rumanian? Polish? Latvian?

I'd just like to point out that my memory is poor from the night. But that should be expected when you're on an all dayer involving Mr Povey

So anyways, I decided not to go out the previous night due to lack of motivation and from knowing I'd be hitting it hard today. My old man drove round to r kid's in-laws house to give Ged and Liz's brother Steve a lift to Rammo

we met in the Grant Arms where r kid and Gilkes were already having afternoon banter

we all put £20 in the kitty for booze. We were there to get measured for the wedding, but that was a side issue

turns out pove had recently split from his missus- but that wasn't gonna stop him from sinking his Vitamin G's

we tried to mix it up with a bit of quizzer action, but turns out it couldn't be happy for us and kept rebuffing our 50p's

the measuring stuff got done fairly quickly, so we tightened up and tore over to a new venue


turns out most people were excited to see this man in the drinking arena

the group split into two groups, with the older lot staying away from the smoke

I don't know why though, cos from this photo it looks pretty amazing. If anything it should be used in pro-smoking adverts or for Sam's facebook profile Sam...

me Pove and Gilkes made a pledge to get our sleazes on. But I don't think it culminated in an American style 'aaand BREAK!"

Sam compared his foot size to the only cowboy boots currently in service

several hours of booze later and it was off to the Fisherman's Retreat to tear some food in us

it was in the middle of nowhere. And thats saying something for Ramsbottom
the place was really nice, and somewhere in here me and r kid had a falling out. I refused to speak to him for the whole of the duration in the restaurant, apart from to answer things with 'fuck off'. A Slav waitress took our order so we did the sensible thing...
and had a sweepstake! Walshy took everyone's guess for her nationality for a quid, and the winner got the lot. I went for Lithuanian (answer at the end of the post)

I went outside to with Pove whilst he smoked

and went to check out the warning sign. For some reason it warned kids to be accompanied by adults for water
but not for pigs running round in their pen causing carnage

the weather couldn't be happy for us or the pigs
so we came back in for our meals. They were, as Princey would say, Delish!
the cheeseboard was ruined slightly by Povey's wallet. I said it was like something Nick Griffin probably carries around

Gilkes dealt with the wallet rascist in the only way he knows- by drunken homoeroticism

Walshy asked for me to take a picture, but it was an unexpected pose in the foyer of the restaurant
after the food we headed back to civilisation and onto Callenders
me and Gilkes got bored and wandered into mine and Sam's favourite pub in Rammo

I vaguely remember her, but don't remember what said. It was probably sleazy
I must have been destroyed if I was playing pool
The Annings
the wheels were well and truly off for me by this time

not quite as mortal'd as these two though

going...going...
gone

hometime

r kid had just had his kitchen done up
a drunk and vulnerable Walshy
bromance
I was busy enjoying bollywood instead

we were all waiting for the boxing to come on so pizzas were ordered in the meantime. Only pove and r kid stayed up for it though, everyone else was KO'd

this was what was greeting me. I ended up sleeping in 4 different places that night. No wonder I felt so grim
(Nati0nality of Slavic waitress: Slovakian)

No comments: