Monday 16 July 2007

"Same again please?"


On friday I drove to S's house. Outside was a fire engine. I thought him or bigmike had caused a chip-pan fire or something
turns out that it wasn't a fire, but was the transport for the welly road prom. Everyone knows that Limos are for queers

S brought snacks for the car journey to fallowfield. and karl rang up to pull out the nights proceedings
S took a picture of Altrincham's answer to the Eiffel Tower whilst I got my stuff together for the weekend
Team Changed Men


on arrival at jobbers, him and his bro were playing on the Wii. Bowling to be exact. We had a few goes on that, then headed out
before we went, we needed to work out where Club South was, because everytime we look for it, it takes us ages and then we give up and go to 42's instead.
me and S hadn't eaten much so we nipped into Sainsburys. S couldn't decide what to have, but eventually plucked for a wrap

I went for sushi rolls, but that was a huge mistake
sushi in a restaurant yes. Sushi on a bus no...
S mocked me for it
S is such a changed man that he treated jobber to a packet of premier league stickers. It was like 1995 all over again...

it was an excellent selection. Kieron Courtney Dyer...

Matty John Taylor
Adrianus "Arjan" de Zeeuw
Alan Ross Farley Stubbs
and last but not least...Emile Ivanhoe Heskey

eventually we got off the bus at St Peters square. But it was pissing it down and we had to trek to deansgate

there was no way I was allowing my locks to curl up like a little girl so I put my coat over my head. Like a little girl.
I had the last laugh because those two were drenched by the time we got to the Ape & Apple
we got involved in some quizzer carnage, but it was the shittest quiz machine in the world. It had games that would have been embarrassing on the old Spectrum
Club South. We got in early, and it was a fiver in.
I panicked at the bar and ordered warm cans of XXXX. It was erm, dreamy?

after a while we abandoned them and went onto our staple diet of vodka straight/water chasers
a 20 minute gap was decided between each shot. But the wheels soon fell off that idea
it started to fill up, and in the meantime S had an argument with his missus on the phone
ukraine

I screwed up my vodka shot
and had a bit of a stroke for a couple of minutes. there were many tears
S followed up a round after jobber, and said to the barmaid "same again please" however it was a completely different girl to the one who served jobber so he looked like a bit of a spazz
None of us really remember too much towards the end of the night. But I approached a bird on behalf of jobber who S insisted on him sleazing into. She turned out to be a bit nuts from what I can recall
taxi banter saw S unleash the theme tune to gummy bears on his mobile. To say it was a surprise would be an understatement. A bit like saying that S is loud

we went to Al-Bilal for some curry carnage
I was a bit mortal'd but managed to avoid passing out/throwing up. I'm a changed man don't forget
football legend Mark Bright was in town also. Al-Bilal was obviously too good for him though
I disappeared outside after finishing my curry and had a chat to r kid about our respective nights. Neither of can remember what was said, although it was a 10 minute long phonecall so I may have just pulled that expression for its duration

back to jobbers, and S smoothed things over with his missus

and I ate candy floss whilst watching my Prince DVD with jobber
THE END

No comments: